What’s the best portable WiFi hotspot for travelers? The answer depends on what kind of traveler you are, how much money you want to spend, and whether you’re traveling domestically or internationally.
Many major service providers offer hotspots that connect multiple users, but these aren’t necessarily the best option if your family or travel partner wants their own device connected to the Internet. Read on to learn more about each type of device, then decide which one is right for your next trip!
What is a portable WiFi hotspot?
A portable wi-fi hotspot is a device that connects to your phone or laptop and gives you internet access. It’s perfect for those who need internet while they travel, but don’t have an unlimited data plan. Some are more expensive than others, but they are all worth it because they can save you money in the long run. Here is a list of some of the best portable wi-fi hotspots
Top 7 best portable WiFi hotspots for travelers
- TP-Link Wireless N150 Nano Traveler: This device comes with two USB ports, which lets you charge two devices simultaneously as well as connects up to 8 WiFi enabled devices. This device also offers range extenders that work seamlessly with smartphones and tablets for uninterrupted connections.
- Peplink Pocket WiFi Router: This pocket router is just as portable and powerful as a smart phone and can be used as either a mobile hotspot or a pocket sized travel router for Internet access.
- Virgin Media Super Hub 1.0: The Super Hub connects all your internet enabled devices and lets you surf, stream, game or make video calls with ease. While it is not a travel hotspot per se, if you want a device that will connect multiple users at home it can be considered one of the best portable wifi hotspots.
- TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit: This device is one of best portable wifi hotspot for travelers and home use. It offers speeds up to 1750 Mbps and dual band WiFi technology, so you can easily connect multiple devices at your home.
- Asus RT-N56U: The Asus RT N56U is one of best portable wifi hotspot with a large feature list. With fast AC speed, super simple installation and high level network security you can use it with complete confidence both at home and when you are traveling. It also features high level data encryption, so your wireless data is protected.
- Virgin Media Super Hub 2.0: One of top 10 best portable wifi hotspot for travelers and home use, it is an update to Virgin Media’s Super Hub 1.0 and has a faster speed that can handle more devices connected at once. It also comes with a fresh new design that has been simplified from its predecessor.
- TP-Link N300 Wireless WiFi Nano Router: This is one of top 10 best portable wifi hotspot for travelers and is small enough to fit in your pocket or bag. It has a variety of uses, including as a mobile hotspot or home router for seamless Internet access in hotel rooms and other locations with limited connections. It is also compatible with devices such as smart phones, tablets and other WiFi enabled devices.
Tips to remember while purchasing a portable hotspot
Last but never the least, when purchasing a portable hotspot, make sure you keep the following tips in mind:
- You should consider what kind of device you want to use with your portable hotspot. Many people buy a hotspot that is compatible with their phone, tablet, laptop or other devices they intend to use while traveling.
- It’s important to remember that a portable hotspot only offers a certain amount of data per month before it will start to charge you additional fees. Before purchasing a hotspot, do research on how much data is needed for your trip and how much you’re willing to pay each month.
- Another thing you’ll need to think about while purchasing a hotspot is if it will work in your home country. If not, look for a model that does as this may be more costly than an international one which works in many countries around the world.